06 September 2008

catching up

Slowly getting the hang of this daily photoblog craic. It’s actually helped to begin work, since it not only has me waking across town twice a day (trying to find shortcuts, which always leaves me near the castle – it’s got the same magnetic force as the gherkin), but takes me to an extremely photogenic area. It’s turning into a habit to grab a photo of anything marginally interesting, which is what I hoped it would poke me into doing. Thinking about doing the same here as well, just to be pressured to write something every day, where it won’t be blithering on friendslists. I complain about having an audience, online…I must be lying.

I really just want the potential for conversation. Whether it materialises or not doesn’t matter, so much. Maybe it’s getting older…keep a journal when you’re 16 and it’s cute, but do the same ten or fifteen years later, and you are actually compiling a hardback book of creepiness for the police to eventually find and analyse, ending your cat-and-mouse serial atrocities on amateur microbrewers. Writing where nobody reads, but some desperate freelancer with a deadline in five hours might stumble across in a really extended procrastination binge, implies some small amount of accountability. Without the angst of actual associates potentially expecting accountability.

Hmmm. My logic chain has some linkage problems.

No comments: